View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #118
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
There is nothing analogous between sexual orientation and adultery, theft or murder. What the hell are you talking about? That makes no sense.
I don't find the logic "why would someone choose this" compelling. People choose all kinds of illogical things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
We have debated this ad nauseum, Tex. The BSA policy is based on orientation, not behavior. I agree with the right of association. I also agree that private organizations should be able to discriminate based on race. That doesn't mean that those who oppose either type of discrimination have a radical, evil agenda.
I don't know about "evil" and "radical" but the lawsuit against the Boy Scouts was a definitely agenda driven, which is why it was in my list. Dale enlisted the help of Lambda Legal, a gay activist group who has just filed a lawsuit over Prop 8's passing.

I don't care if you agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Nonsense. That's just a silly game of semantics you invented in order to wiggle your way out of a logical dead-end.
Why is it nonsense? Just because you say so?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote