View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #115
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Wait, I thought it was about stopping gays from forcing their deviant lifestyle into the mainstream?
I can't tell if you're deliberately being difficult, but it's two sides of the same coin. Dale wanted to force the Boy Scouts to accept his lifestyle for the purposes of their organization, and the Scouts defended on their right of association.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Why would anybody choose to be gay?
Talk about unpersuasive. Of all the arguments for gay-from-birth, this is the least convincing. Why does a man choose to engage in adultery? or theft? or murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
This is just plain ignorance.

And yes, you would do well to read up on the church's latest position. They have backed away from the "gay by choice" line of thinking.
You might do well to read up on it as well. I don't want to answer for cougarobgon, but there's a big semantical difference between having the weakness of SSA, and "being" gay for the purposes of normalization. I know you don't see it that way, but it's consistent with the church's position.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote