View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
The end of the year brings speculation as to whom Time will pick as it's Person of the Year, although I remember with a nostalgic tear with it was Man of the Year. Often it's very difficult to guess, but I can't think of a year when it's been easier. The part I like about the process is that every year, Time has to explain patiently that the nominee is the person who, for better or worse, has done more to influence the news. Still, that will do nothing to dispel the inevitable criticisms that the selection of Barack Obama is further evidence of the librull media.

Runners up may include Paulson, Bernanke and MikeWaters, but I can't imagine anyone coming close to the President-elect.
I agree that BO will likely make the final cut. However, ever since Time picked the computer as its "person" of the year, you now have to consider inanimate objects, as well. I could also see a nod to "The Economy" as "person" of the year.

One true factoid....on my resume, under personal, I have listed "Time Magazine's Person of the Year - 2006." I havent looked for a job yet, but if I do, I hope someone asks me about it.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote