View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #80
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
OK, congratulations. You stopped the queers from getting married. Swell for you.

I read your post in the other thread regarding your views on homosexuality and gay marriage and frankly I just don't find your reasons very thoughtful or compelling.

It's position has been "well-doumented for years"? Which position is that? The current church position that gays are welcome in the church as long as they are celibate? Or the old position that being gay is a choice and anyone who is a homosexual is in a state of sin?

Don't kid yourself. The church's position is in a state of evolution. We are in a period of entrenchment, but it won't last forever.

Unliek you, I found cougarobgon's post to be both thoughtful and persuasive. That you are unimpressed is unimpressive, quite frankly. Moreover, you knwo very well that he was referring to the church's policy that same sex marraige is improper not to its explantion for their existence or the best way to assuimilate them into a congregation. Neither of these is affected by the policy on marriage.