View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #43
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
I don't think the Church can be expected to stay out of such matters.
This is not intended to be snarky. I actually agree with your statement here. One silver lining is that enlightened Mormons like some of my friends on CG here who have been telling me I'm all wrong about their church have received a clear message about what their church is at a cellular level.

In fact, I wouldn't have a problem if you anti-gay marriage folks would just cast this as a moral issue and leave it at that. But as the Wasington Post article linked by MRD (which criticized pro gay marriage advocates for targeting Mormons for special criticism) stated, "The Yes on 8 campaign has been cynically skillful in changing the subject from whether gays deserve marriage equality to more highly charged questions. Will churches be sued for refusing to marry gay couples? Or will young children have to be taught about same-sex marriage in schools?" Another one we've heard here, government would revoke religions' tax exempt status. These are all lies. But the article urged "progressive groups" to not get into the gutter with pro propositon 8 groups including Mormons.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote