View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Was Prop 8 which surprisingly passed a diversion from similar measures in Arizona and Florida?
I maintain that the folks in SLC know that eventually marriage will be for all sexual preferences (go Tri Lambda!), but yet they chose to unleash the organization and financial power of the LDS Church. I maintain it was a statement to the world of where the LDS Church stands. I still am not an advocate of the Church getting involved in politics to that extent and I don't like some of the fallout, but I don't blame the Church for that. Regardless, one must admire and respect the organizational clout of the LDS Church.

What bothers me the most is the self-aggrandizement nature of those who consider themselves the wheat amidst the tares when they were able to get behind an issue they would have gotten behind regardless.