View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #29
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
The most disturbing thing for me was not the manner in which it was pushed from SLC, but the manner in which it was interpreted and discussed by the members. Look at the backlash against Steve Young and his wife, for example.
I got a bit peeved by some of the ecclesiastical pressure. I went off the first time I was drug into it and then decided to bite my toungue in the future because I believe loyalty is important. Now that it is over, it left a bad taste in my mouth. We were asked to donate to the cause and I was against it. Principally as a regulated company I feel it innappropriate to use universal service funds for politics and I am convinced that when regulators audit our books they are likely to feel likewise, regardless if they wear similar underwear. However, I was outvoted by my partners who feel strongly about heeding the call of obedience. Well we finally got the checks signed we called the Stake President back we were told "not to worry about it the Stake had already donated its quota." That only pissed me off more as I would like to think it was about principles more than just obedience. Once the SP had the GA happy he didn't seem to care a great deal about the root issue. I guess I don't blame him if he wanted to deal with issues like that he probably wouldn't be a spud farmer in the Snake River plains.

Regardless it is over....in time I figure my sisters in law will allow their kids to go near Uncle Goat but right now one better beware of the marginal apostate. It could be contagious.