View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
what will be your interest, now that the Republican Party is a shadow of itself, and our interests will be unrepresented for the next who knows how long?

Will any of you become political hermits, focusing upon the finer things of life?

How much has politics played a role in your life as opposed to religious activity?

For some persons, political participation played a substitute for religion. Will those of us of a more conservative, libertarian perspective make religion an even greater part, or will you seek a different Ersatz?
I have long lost my interest in politics. I just have other compelling interests and I fundamentally believe that focussing my efforts were I can most influence is the most rewarding way to live. Saying that I am interested to watch how the next few years unfold. I am interested in two aspects. One I am interested to see if and how the GOP will respond to the inevitable crushing defeat. Secondly, I am really interested to see how Obama's popularity plummets over the next few years. I think the next President is DOA. Further the ineteraction between reality and the promised Camelot and change will be humorous in a real cynical and dark way. It will be interesting.