View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
If President Monson and the other 14 prophets, seers and revelators feel so strongly that Californians should vote yes on prop 8, is it possible that they are telling us God's will on this issue? And consequently, a no on prop 8 vote is in opposition to the will of God?
This is a very touchy issue obviously, since No-Voters don't want to be made out to be opposing God. Most that I know feel that the prophets, seers, and revelators are just plain wrong on this. Even if they oppose homosexual behavior, they feel like the church is going about it the wrong way.

Personally, I have a hard time reconciling that with their call. Has a single 70 in any of the 6 quorums come out and opposed this? We have Lebowski's word that at least one and likely more were privately opposed. I wonder how those men will ultimately vote.

I must say, I would love to hear an argument about how Monson, etc., are wrong that doesn't invoke 1978.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote