View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #89
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Yes, I realize that what I am about to type is self-evident......but why is everyone jumping all over BarbaraGordon?

Sheesh...she is making a valid point....Utah has an extremely high population percentage of active LDS members. These members pay tithing. Paying tithing is voluntary in the sense that it is up to each of us to pay, but not truly voluntary because being a full tithe payer is required to attend the temple and other things that we are taught are desireable while here on Earth. By definition, is anything in this life truly compulsory? We don't even have to eat or breathe if we don't want to.

What is the big deal? What am I missing when it becomes offensive to suggest that part of tithing culture is a bit compulsory? There is a reason some jokingly refer to it as "fire insurance."

I wonder what percentage of Utah charity is to the Church, as opposed to other charities.

I dont see anything wrong with donating to any charity, including the Church. But I am also not offended by Barbara's suggestion, either.

What truly offends me was this lousy World Series between two teams that nobody cared about. What a waste.
I thought I made clear (thourgh the haze of typos) that it is the comaprative evaluation that I find annoying.