View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 PM   #6
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

If she doesn't want to ride, don't pressure her. The spandex may be the issue, but again, it may be something entirely different. After 16 years, you'd think you could pick up on clues, but who knows? ;-) Could be saddle issues, balance, changing gears, etc.

My wife enjoys getting out and riding with me on Saturday road rides, but most places we ride, we have to go single-file. Can't get much chatting in then. I'm always pulling, and she's drafting, and she has a really hard time hearing anything I say. She also likes being on her own bike and having control over her speed and cadence. No tandem for us (which is fine by me). A slow ride around the neighborhood would give you chat time, but reduces the exercise level.

I work near Provo Canyon, and I'm able to get out for about an hour of mountain biking several days a week at lunch time. Wife can't do that, so she gets out on her own after work, when she can.

Just enjoy your time on the bike. Maybe invite her for a 15 minute ride around the block, just in street clothes. See if she enjoys it. Go slow.

Last edited by mtnbiker310; 07-21-2006 at 06:47 PM.
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote