View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road
Default I know how Obama can guarantee his victory

It came to me tonight during the debate how Obama can guarantee a victory (even though the race is already his to lose, but this is a guarnatee): promise to appoint a Justice like Justice O'Connor to the Supreme Court as his first appointee. Reagan promised to appoint a woman, and so can Obama. Even more, he'll get all the swing votes who get a little queasy at the thought of a liberal lion being put on the Court. He'll win them over with the promise to appoint a moderate. It will ensure his victory. Enrage the Left, sure, but the race will be his.

And then he'll appoint someone like Diane Wood from the 7th Circuit who is whipper-snapper smart, no-nonsense pragmatist, but who also, once on the Court, will be as liberal as any (except maybe on the criminal issues). He'll win all around.

Get me Axelrod's number. Pronto!
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12

Last edited by Levin; 10-16-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote