View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
I am up to my eyeballs in the "Yes On 8" campaign, so I am no supporter of same-sex marriage. I was just posing the question to put the subject in a real "Gospel context" and to provoke some serious discussion. Except for your post, I got nothing but wisecracks in response, which tells me that those who responded have no serious answer. The only credible answer is, "That will never happen."
I cannot forsee any scenario where the chap be allowed to choose one or the other to be sealed to, not because his co-fathers were supposed sexually active homosexuals as I believe the Church even today would allow vicarious ordinances to be performed for active homosexuals, but because there is no mother involved. Methinks that would be a situation the Church would opt for the "we will sort it out in the next life" line.

I could be wrong but I don't think the LDS Church seals children to single parents posthumously. I know that children BIC to a temple marriage that ends in temple divorce are still sealed to both now single parents, but I don't think the Church performs posthumous sealings to single parents.

However, I don't read the handbook very frequently.