View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 PM   #10
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
Here's a question worth pondering: Let's say a man who was raised by two married gay parents joins the Church in 25 years. His parents are dead. He wants to do temple work for them. What does the Church say to him?

I don't pretend to know the answer. It's just a fascinating question.
When temple names are submitted, I've never known research to be done on the deceased's moral character before approval is given. I don't recall being asked whether my great-great grandfather was gay or straight. So why would a known deceased a homosexual be denied temple baptism and endowment?

I agree though that the sealing issue is a fascinating question. Christ said what ye seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven. However, modern prophets say the sealing is merely a promise, and a person must remain worthy until judgment day in order for that promise to be realized. So why not allow dead homosexual couples to be sealed? If their relationship is found unworthy on the day of judgment, so be it. Conversely, church leaders could essentially say "we are so confident that homosexual marriage will be deemed unworthy, that we're not even going to waste our time doing those sealings." And that statement would have to come from the mouth of the same church that allowed Adolph Hitler's temple work to be performed multiple times.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote