View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #11
T Blue

T Blue is on a distinguished road

There were a couple times where BYU was faced with a 4th and 2 and they punted. This was quite discouraging to me as a fan, it was almost like they were trying not to lose, not trying to show they were able to punch UNM in the mouth and take what they wanted.

I was pretty discouraged that for two weeks in a row BYU has played less than stellar on O, and with TCU upcoming I wondered if Anae and Bronco were just no opening up the play book because if the type of foes they were against?

BYU was very lethargic throughout the game, they really never had a sense of urgency behind them, it was almost like it was on cruise control the whole game and there was no need for hustle?

With that said it was good to see them win even with all those negatives, the two TO's were great, even though there were no points from them.

BYU cannot play against TCU the way they played against UNM and expect to pull out the W. There were numerous times that BYU was lucky that Max didn't turn the ball over because he threw into 2 and 3 Defenders, or a UNM D player was in the right place but couldn't make the int.

I'll take the W, but I hope The players aren't patting themselves on the ass and passing out the atta boys after that lackluster performance.
T Blue is offline   Reply With Quote