View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #18
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Spring of 09'. Not sure if it's time for Spring Football or not.

This is just a guess on my part: I think the coaches redshirt him for the 09' year similar to what they did with Max after his mission and let him run the scout team and then let him compete for the starting job in 2010. Considering how the timeline of Larks and Munns returning from their missions in 2010......like I said, I think Nelson will be the front runner to win the starting QB job that season.
If the coaches believe Heaps is the eventual answer AND he comes for spring ball 2010, I say throw him out there as the starter and take your lumps in 2010. If the plan is to play Nelson a year and then bench him in favor of Heaps, just throw Heaps to the wolves. I don't know of any JC kid the Y is after who could be a stopgap but the kid who ehf'd up was my fellow Idahoan who is now on the pine at Tulsa. He would have gotten to start one year at BYU as a senior had he stuck around.