View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #14
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Nelson comes home in March I believe.

Lark is on a mission left same time as Munns.

I think we need a JC kid to be the stop gap between 2010 and Munns and/or Lark. I just dont think Nelson is that good.

Also it would not surprise me to see Heaps starting as a true freshman, he is that good.

I am in the camp that believes the most likely scenario is Heaps starting as a true freshman. I don't know how good he is but I don't think BYU's answer is Riley Nelson. There is no way Munns or Lark will start that fresh from mission service. Heaps is the guy by default and I think starts as a true freshman. Even though he will have a spring ball to prepare, he will still struggle. 2010 will be a huge rebuilding year for BYU. It is my prognostication that Unga will go pro after his junior year and leave with Hall, Collie and Pitta. BYU will be starting a true freshman qb and breaking in new skill players at every position, sans Oneil Howard and McKay Jacobsen. I think the talent will be fine but the lack of experience will result in 4-5 losses that season and more if Heaps is not as good as we think- which we have learned these top ranked qbs occassional flop.