View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My game thoughts...........

1. BJ sucked for 58 minutes, even the balls he completed deep were underthrown and great adjustments by the receivers. He holds the ball way to long, OSU didnt get much pass rush but because BJ held the ball so long he took a lot of sacks.

2. Kruger is not as good as you guys think he is, you can say what you want about him, I think he is smart, reads the run very well, and has good size. However he does not do a great job of pass rushing his one sack tonight came on a twist and missed blocking assignment so he came untouched. If his initial bull rush (his only pass rushing move) is stuffed then he has no motor and gives up on the play. If the ball is ran away from him he does not chase the play. He is also a pile jumper (several other ute fans at the game agree) when the play is over he dives on top trying to get credit. In fact they gave him credit for 2 plays tonight that Fotu made instead of him.

3. Koa Misi is a good player, also I was surprised at how well Newman held up at the point of attack, I think most of that was because Utah played their LBs so close to the line of scrimmage.

4. BJ did make a great throw on the last touchdown. Also BJ threw a 2 yard out to the far side of hte field on the last drive, if he has the arm strength to actually make that throw it is a pick six, instead he short hopped it. Awful decision on his part.

5. Utahs secondary was exposed tonight they did not look good at all. I dont think Moevao is very good and he looked like a world beater at times.

6. Utahs run defense was excellent, so I will admit I was wrong about that, they played the run very well.

7. After the game I was not sure if Utah won the national championshp or barely beat an unranked team at home. Face it Oregon State is not a great team and they made more coaching mistakes late in that game than I have ever seen. Reminds me of the Mcbride at UTah days.

8. Fun game to be at, Utah fans are pussys and left tons of empty seats, also after ORegon scored their was a mass exodus towards the exits. Half hte south end zone cleared out.

9. BJ has continued his streak of a pick and fumble in every game. So good for him.

10. I will make a bold prediction, Utah will lose a game before the BYU game.