View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #47
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

1. Motor City Bowl/Liberty Bowl - no need for explanation here.

2. Texas A&M 1990 - Can you say "blindside"?

3. Miss St. / Hawaii 2001 -A very dark time

4. Stanford 2004 - Not only was it a crappy outcome to the game, but SteelBlue and I were resigned to watching the game at the Stake Center with Brother McIntire with the remote control in hand. Every couple of seconds he would say "I'm tired of listening to these guys talk", and then hit mute for 5 or 10 minutes. We would have said something but he was something like 102 years old and could have kicked the bucket any second. Dying man's wish....

5. UNR 2002 - This was the first game I was able to see in person in about 5 years after heading returning from the midwest for grad school. The look of complete confidence on the faces of the BYU lineman while coming out of the tunnel at halftime is indelibly marked in my memory, especially after getting spanked so badly in the second half. Not only did it mark the beginning of the end for the next several years, but them sumbiches at the stadium ran out of water at the concession stands shortly after halftime on a day when temps were well into the 90's. And this after they made me pour out several liters of water to get into the stadium. If ever there were just cause to crack open a cold Miller or Bud, it was on that dark, sunny day in Reno.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote