View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Especially on issues like abortion. How dramatically have abortion laws at the federal level changed since Roe? If you are voting to put a president into office who will "pack the Court" with pro-life justices, how has that vote turned out for you over the past 30 years? Do you think the Court has dramatically shifted on abortion rights in that time period?

In the meantime, how much change has there been on other issues you do care about (albeit less than abortion)?

It seems to me that abortion (on the Court and through federal law) isn't likely to change a whole lot no matter who the president is. Other aspects of the life of Americans are much more likely to change (taxes, health care, foreign policy, etc), so those should be the issues people vote on (with abortion being a factor, just a lesser one).
Translation:
I don't think abortion is an important issue to vote on, so neither should you. Unless you're pro-choice.

If someone is of the opinion that abortion equals mass genocide (I'm not, so let's not start that argument), are you seriously saying they shouldn't care because it doesn't directly affect them or they haven't been able to effect any change in the last 30 years? Should we take the same stance towards eliminating poverty? How about 3rd world aid?
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote