View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #75
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I view this as a different argument. I agree that the BCS is unfair in that coattail schools such as Baylor get the financial benefits. But that doesnt make those crappy schools better football programs.

If what you were saying earlier is true, then Baylor fans this year want a piece of BYU because they all think that they are better. And ESPN would pick Baylor over BYU. That is where you are losing me. It seems to be an overstatement of bias towards all BCS schools. There is bias towards the usual suspects (SC, Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc...), but not across the board.
I think Baylor fans would think they would beat BYU. Ok, maybe Baylor is an extreme example because they have so thoroughly sucked for a long time. They almost dont' have fans. But I think Mike Waters who lives around here and actually knows Big 12 fans would probably agree with me that fans of lower level Big 12 teams probably would expect to beat BYU, despite our history, ranking and record. Don't bring up pointspreads in the UW and UCLA games. I'm talking about run of the mill fans, not professional gamblers.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote