View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #22
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I was talking about the fact that non"BCS" teams have almost never won a title in college football, so why would it be shocking to label those conference as generally inferior? I have never understood why that is so offensive to mid-major fans. Do they expect to be held in the same regard as conferences that produce national championships every decade? Every few years?

Your argument about perception is a strawman. How can you argue about the perception of every fan? You said that "it gives fans the idea that every team from a BCS conference is automatically better than any team not in a BCS league." Do you know people who think this way? They think that Duke football is better this year than BYU or Utah?
Please name all the teams since WW2 that have won a championship. I bet the list has less than 20 teams on it. Are you giving the rest a pass because of conference affiliation? And go back and see my Mark May example. Maybe this topic isn't that important to you and you don't pay attention to media coverage about it, but I see this kind of thing from talking heads pretty much every week. It's like when we beat a bad ASU team a few years ago and the Fox announcers were going crazy about what a huge upset it was. It wasn't. ASU sucked and we were better.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote