View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm so grateful that I was able to watch that. Flashing "national champions" I think it was, in a ghetto graphic block-letters. Bosco limping around. So much at stake. All the build up with Bo Schembechler mouthing off. Barry Switzer whining and crying about BYU the whole season.

Thank you God, for making me a Mormon, a BYU fan, and letting me be alive and mentally cogent to take in 1984 and remember it til now.

When I die, I know "1984" will be on my lips before I slip away.
I should add that I am really the only sports fan in my family. My two brothers never cared much for sports. My dad liked track and field and that's about it.

But for a time, when I was young, my dad liked watching BYU football. We would go to the church and get the games on Satellite. When we had cable we watched the televised games. And when we didn't have cable, we would go to a LDS neighbor's house.

I don't know why he had that time in his life where he cared about it somewhat (he was never even a big fan then), but I think a strong argument could be made it changed my life dramatically. Without that, I don't know that I attend BYU later in life.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote