View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

From the LeTour site today Gerolsteiner Team Manager Hans Holczer offered the following in an interview:

Gerolsteiner’s Marcus Fothen is currently in the white jersey as leader of the youth classification but the team’s manager Hans Holczer isn’t sure if it’s worth concentrating on defending this prize so early in the Tour.

“Marcus has the ability to win the white jersey but I think it’s a little too soon to start focussing on it. The best idea is for him to do his job in the team and help where he can. If he remains high in the general classification, that’s a good thing,” continued Holczer.

“I think that we’ll start to concentrate on defending Marcus’ lead if he’s still in a good position in the last stages in the Alps.”

Marcus Fothen has said at the end of every stage that he is in the Gerolsteiner team to help Levi Leipheimer. The young German is, however, the best placed in GC of his team. He is 13th overall, while Leipheimer is in 58th place. The team’s manager Hans Holczer isn’t too sure what he can expect from the American today.

"Levi is okay," said Holczer. "Yesterday he said he felt perfect early but on the second climb he said that he had no power in the legs.

"I hope that after the first hills yesterday that his body is accustomed to the rhythm of climbing but it’s hard to tell.

"I’m a little cautious. It’s too early to know exactly what we can expect from Levi."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote