View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #23
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I think you're changing the question. The question is whether, in general, you have a better chance at getting to the BCS where you are now or if you were in a BCS conference (the classification of the conferences is a hint, btw). I'm gonna say you'd be better off in an, ahem, BCS conference. Just look at the Big 12: 7/12s of the conference has played in a BCS game. And beyond just the BCS games, Coach is right. For the top half of the Big 12, the Holiday Bowl is a let down. BYU would (if I understand Sooner correctly) be thrilled to play the Holiday Bowl.

Now if you want to look at just this year specifically, I'd say you'd be better off in the Pac-10 or the Big 10, where you could lose a game (not unlikely -- everybody has an off day) and still go to the Rose Bowl. Big 12 may be tough this year, hard to say. And I wouldn't wish the SEC regular season on anybody.
This appears to be a down year for the PAC 10, so I'm not sure we'd be regularly in the top 2 there. Big 10's never been a thought for us, or that IS a no-brainer--totally overrated conference (like the Big East/ACC).

Again, everyone listen closely. Our top bowl is weak and our conference games are boring--for those reasons alone, I'd rather be in a BCS conference. I just think the road to a BCS game is easier where we are. Not a lot easier, and I completely respect those who disagree, but just a little easier.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote