View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #39
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The day when Goat became the cynic and Mike the optimist on BYU football is a day I never thought I'd live to see.

Armageddon is upon us, ladies and gents.
I am not a cynic, I am in utter love with this team. It is a great BYU team. It might finish the year as a legit top 10 club. For a Parochial school of a strange religion located in flyover intermountain west country that didn't give those of African descent full participation privileges until one generation ago it is a small miracle that we can be this consistently good. However, at the end of the day there is a limit when you face players that are better athletes across the board and have the beef and strength to man up to your physical play in the trenches. I think this coaching staff has BYU about as good as we can get and this might be one of those special years we remember the rest of our lives, but at the end of the day as good as they are their athletes are still not as good as USC's or UGA's or Florida's.

I had that opinion in August and did not waiver after UNI. I got mildly concerned after Washington, although I was very impressed with the block to win it, but held in the back of my mind that if all the offensive pieces come together at the same time and the breaks go BYU's way this can be a damn good football team.