View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM   #27
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I said I didnt know, so thanks for clueing me in. That really is a good win.

The rest of our wins were against unranked teams, several of which will likely have terrible seasons.

I guess my question is why everyone seems punch drunk on blue kool aid right now. We havent beaten a single good team yet. This has Hawaii written all over it.
Its hard to say this early in the season if they are bad teams or not. UCLA was ranked 24th before their bye last week after beating a ranked Tennessee team, now that we blow them out they immediately become "not very good". The whole pregame before we played Washington your boy Petros was talking about how Washington was a lot more talented than BYU and how they would just have to many athletes and to much speed for BYU, we beat them and they got screwed and are not a very good team.

Who knows how the season will shake out but I have been hearing for 10 years how BCS teams are more talented, bigger, stronger and faster than non-BCS teams and how the best team in the MWC would be at the bottom of the Pac-10. It seems now that the tide is turning a little.

Also you say the MWC didnt beat any good Pac-10 teams, they are now 5-0 vs the Pac-10 who are the good Pac-10 teams then? USC and then who? Oregon struggled with a bad Purdue team, Cal lost to Maryland who barely beat Deleware (14-7) and lost to Middle Tennessee state. Arizona state lost to UNLV at home, UCLA was blasted by BYU. Stanford was blasted by TCU. New Mexico beat Arizona.

So either the Pac-10 is awful this year (if that is the case and USC runs the table they dont deserve to be in the NC game) or the MWC is a lot better.