Thread: A Perfect Day
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Classic and true:

Confiscated almost instantly....hi-larious!

This one was also confiscated....they are very serious about NO political endorsements. Since it had Palin's name on it, it was gone...it even said "Fight On" on one side, but they wouldn't let him keep it. There was also an Obama one that was taken down.

Pic of security guard taking away the Palin sign:

Not a sign, but a group of frat pledges that were required to do this:

After the GameDay crowd dispersed at about 9AM or so, I headed back over to campus to meet up with my brother and his friends and begin the day's festivities. This is one area where Buckeye fans really impressed. They not only showed up for the game in droves, but they tailgated in full force.

There are 2 main areas for tailgating at SC....around the Coliseum and then on campus itself. I am a fan of on-campus.....way more people, bookstore and food courts, easier to get out after the game, etc.. For those who went to BYU, imagine people setting up tents and tailgates on the main quad, by the wilk, down by the testing center, and basically any patch of grass you could find. That is how they do it at SC. My brother's group always sets up by Tommy Trojan, which is a great spot....lots of traffic and the visiting fans always come by to snap a pic of the statue.

One really fun thing about yesterday....as you could imagine, there were TVs everywhere, including sat dishes. Loads of people were watching the BYU game, not because they cared about BYU, but because they wanted to watch the Bruins losing. Word of the score spread like wildfire. You could actually hear groups of people cheering for BYU with each score...and when they missed the field goal, you could hear collective laughing and mocking. I havent seen the BYU game yet, but holy crap, I can only imagine what we did to them. How amazing....59-0. True, fucla sucks this year and is not a great team (neither is Washington)....but still...to hang 59 and hold them scoreless is amazing. You can only beat the teams on your schedule, and BYU really earned major props yesterday for what they accomplished. Later during the game, the scoreboard showed all the Top 25 scores several times. But each time the scoreboard would show the fucla score by itself....and the announcer would emphasize "UCLA.........NOTHING" The stadium went wild every time. It was great. Some people around me were giving lots of respect to BYU..."oh, those are guys have a great QB..." or "they have the longest win streak...they are for real..." etc...RUTS and the shutout really went a long way in the eyes of fans and media alike, so much love and props to Bronco, as well as to all of you who went to the game and cheered on the Cougars. By all accounts I received, LES was ROCKING yesterday.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote