View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few quick thoughts on UW.........

1. David Nixon played like a man possessed and had an unbelievable game, I dont think he is getting the credit he deserves for how good he actually is.

2. Scott Johnson did a great job making open field tackles, but I still think his cover skills are suspect (minus the nice play in the endzone) I wouldnt mind seeing Johnson take over Tafunas spot at safety and Bradley or Pittman play the corner spot.

3. Brandon Howard really struggled, he was beat deep on several occassions had it not been for overthrows it could have been bad. He was trailing guys by 5 steps on plays, the one play he was in a position to make he let the receiver box him out and didnt even make a play on the ball.

4. The middle backers were awful, Bauman, Doman and Ah You all struggled and overall did not play a good game.

5. Offensive line- was unbelievable (minus the low snaps to start the game) Hall had all day to throw the ball.

6. Fui- the unsung hero of the game, he was absolutely blowing people up, go back and rewatch the game and just focus on Fui, it is crazy how well he played.

7. Harvey ran hard, showed great footwork and proved that he is the best back in the conference. The fumble he admitted he needed to take himself out, eh said he could barely breathe but he wanted the touchdown bad so he stayed in the game.

8. Pitta best tight end in the conference if not the country.

9. Hall another solid game, can make all the throws, and is very poised.

Overall I am excited to see how we do against UCLA, they have two of the best D-tackles in the country so our O-line will have their hands full.