View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 03:35 AM   #35
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Mitt, Rudy, and Sarah all came out swinging, no question. Their goal was to draw stark contrast between Obama and McCain. That said, the points they made were all substantive.

Did she have great lines? You bet. Were they accurate? Also true. Regardless of delivery, the fact that Obama has written two books about himself yet no laws and managed 130 "present" votes is disturbing.

This is what I meant by substantive.

I gotcha. I thought you meant substantive in the sense of delineating the ticket platform or whatever.

That's what's interesting. The reason Obama's speech was so boring the other night, was because all he did was sit there and list all the differences in proposals between the two candidates instead of using his usual cheap-and-easy rhetorical lines. Then tonight, the GOP loads up on the zinger sound-bites, but passes on the platform. Perhaps they're leaving that part to McCain's speech.

Anyway, yeah, there are all kinds of substantive criticisms you can make about Obama, and I've acknowledged most of them over the course of the last year.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote