View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #29
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
The talent they have certainly hasn't translated to their on field performance during the Lloyd Carr era.

Will that change in the Rodriguez era? Yeah probably,,,but it isn't going to happen overnight.

Michigan will have a pretty good defense, but one of the best in the country? Sorry, but I disagree with that...it's a defense that last year gave up larege chunks of points against the teams they played with Spread Offenses. Last year they gave up 39, 34 and 35 points to teams that ran the spread.

I don't care how many stars of a QB Steven Threet is...the fact is the guy hasn't taken a D-I snap and isn't a spread option QB. He is not the right QB for that system. The only way Michigan wins tomorrow is if they can exploit the middle of Utah's Defense and are able to control the clock and chew up yardage on the ground.

I won't be shocked if Michigan wins tomorrow, because like Bronco, KWhit has yet to prove his teams can beat a mediocre BCS team on the road.

But I will say that if Michigan scores more than 17 points tomorrow I will be surprised. You can have all the athletes in the world, but if they don't have a QB that can run that complicated of a system,,, then it simply won't matter as much. Not too mention their O-line is in a world of hurt. Who cares if their Wide Receivers are studs if they don't have a QB that can get them ball?

And It will not be an upset if Utah wins.
People were saying the same things about Urban Meyer's arrival in Utah. How did Utah do in their first season? Michigan's talent is greater this year than Utah's talent in year 1 under Urban. I think comparing Urban and RR is a fair comparison. I think Michigan will surprise people that are expecting them to be mediocre. Rich Rodriguez is a major improvement over Carr and people will see it even in his first year.

Utah keeps it close, but Michigan will win a close one in the end. Just my opinion.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote