View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I really enjoy musicals performed live in the theater. I usually don't enjoy musical movies. Grease being the obvious exception.
I love Grease.

I also love how so many LDS people love Grease and seem completely oblivious to the fact that the entire play/musical is about teens trying to have sex. It was American Pie before American Pie and in no way is appropriate for little kids....yet I see it as a staple for LDS DVD collections.

I get that if you have only seen the movie and not the play, there will be some obvious things you will not catch....but sheesh....do people even listen to the lyrics of Greased Lightening when they are singing it? Summer Loving?

Favorite line from the movie:

Rizzo to Danny: where you going? To flog your log?
Danny: Well, it's better than hanging around with you dorks.

We saw Grease in the movies and I think I was about 6 or 7 when we went. To this day, I still remember that "funny" feeling I got in the final scene where Olivia Newton John finally gets all slutted up, basically offering herself up as a sexual sacrifice....she was wearing some crazy skin tight black shiny pants.....the camera shot is still part of cinema history and easily the most memorable pan of the entire movie.......from the ground up, we first see her in her red heels, then her legs in tight black, then her hips/waist....AHH!!!!!!

my life was never the same afterwards.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote