Thread: Excommunication
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #45
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
Absolutely Not. There is no excuse or justification with respect to committing sin regardless of an individuals' calling in the Church, their knowledge, or their experience. Sin is Sin.

What I was attempting to convey in my post was that any action Church leaders take on an individuals membership, will undoubtedly be influenced by who the individual is. Personally, I have examined my life many times and I know that I have a clear knowledge of the covenants I have made. Using the word "excuses", may have been a poor choice of words, but, I cannot imagine any circumstances that could lead me to commit adultery, that would be considered by a disciplinary council and cause them to render a decision other than excommunication.
What if your wife were to be incapacitated in such a way, whether physically or mentally, you 1) could not meaningfully communicate with her, and 2) could not have sexual relations with her.

I'm sure you would be up to this challenge, but you never know what temptation might set upon you 30 years into the ordeal.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote