View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I always thought LAU was somehow immune to all of this. But I do recall him taking exception to a Cougar thrashing of Air Force during the Iraq war. He said it was evidence of BYU's lack of patriotism.

But I suppose he gets a pass. He cut his teeth on the rivalry during the late 70s and early 80s. No loud noises please.
I never knew he was the Utah Student Body President until I read his bio today. I am sure that fundamentally he just loves Utah dearly. Far more than I love BYU or even West Point. When you put that much of yourself into something, it becomes larger than life to you. Given the nature of the rivalry then he probably developed deep bitterness towards BYU. Being active LDS living in SoCal probably exposes him to too many BYUheads for his preference. It must be difficult to love the University of Utah as much as a former Student Body President does and have to hear the Deacons Quorum advisor talking about showing the deacons some Bronco Mendenhall dvd. I am sure the Deacon's Quorum advisor means well and LA knows that but there is only so much putting on a pedestal of your love's rival coach a human can endure before starting to develop a bit of antipathy for the man. Given the zero sum nature of this rivalry what other method could one utilize to effectively deal with it?

So I can understand, it just makes me chuckle.