View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
The masses are asses. This has been brought up plenty of times, but just winning + not violating NCAA rules isn't enough here; hopefully that doesn't push him over the edge when the big-time money offers come around.
You kidding me, there is widespread angst throughout college football about his methods. Folks are aware of his super secret pinky handshakes with mission presidents and referring to his team as a "Band of Brothers."

Mendenhall doesn't have what it takes to be successful outside of the bubble that is BYU. He believes that righteousness is the root of his success and has been teaching this to his players, read their comments.

As far as Mendenhall's future, out there today is a 20 year old inactive mormon boy downing brewskies at some JC and contemplating a failed marriage. He too will see the light and become a zealot in the cause of BYU football- and some periphery religious issues that gives the HC the freedom to maneuver. Perhaps Bronco bolts for big money, perhaps he retires early. I say don't worry be happy and enjoy the present and realize that Mendenhall is one complex weird dude and trying to predict what he will do is probably not as easy as we think.

Well, he will make Utenation pull string like no other. That is probably a safe prediction.