View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #123
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
When I went, there were no children there. As I stated before, there weren't many people there at all. Given the size of our stake and the importance and mandate from the FP, I would have expected at least 100 or more. On the other hand, when the stake has the annual Trunk or Treat in October, the entire parking lot is packed and it takes the kids a couple of hours to go to every car and visit and say hi.

Given that the political climate in OC is ultra conservative, I am guessing that most people today will report back in Church as having a positive experience.

In thinking about it, I wonder if this "tiered" approach each Saturday is partly to ensure the positive experience. In other words, everyone goes out yesterday simply to ask the yes/no questions...pretty easy task. Little chance of heated debate. Today, the members report back that there was little contention, it was actually fun, etc.....those who previously did not want to participate because they were nervous are more likely to show up the following Saturday.....but next Saturday, the task is not "temperature taking," but something else (don't know yet, hasn't been announced).

My observation is that the lack of turnout this weekend was not political, it was practical.......when push comes to shove, most of us do not want to give up 3-5 hours of our Saturday to knock doors, regardless of the cause.
Thanks for taking the time to go, collect, scan and post. It's interesting to follow all this.

I'll be mailing you the encrypted coordinates of a dead drop location and a cyanide pill. If the protectmarriage.com Secret Police find out about you turning double agent, may God help us all.