View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #26
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Blue View Post
Bingo!!!

You get it, unfortunately there are meny in here who don't.

Just as GBH said in your quote above, there is no room for gray areas in the Lords church, it's all black or white, either you are for God or you are against him. God is the one who has said that Homosexuality is an abomination, now man says that God is wrong.

Slippery slope trying to compare this to the LDS stance long ago on blacks, I can't seem to recall the good books telling us that God is against black people, yet there it is written about homosexuality being wrong.

Hate the sin not the sinner, and not allowing sinners to get a strangle hold on society is not about hating them, just not tolerating their actions, and letting them be given equal stature to Gods eternal plan for families.

Flame away but if you truly sustain the brethren in SLC you know that what they are saying is true concering this matter, and that Gods house is an house of order.
I didn't know that gays were being given equal stature by the government in the plan of salvation. This is where you miss the point. Nobody is saying that the church has to sanction and perform gay temple sealings, but that seems to be the argument that you are making - i.e. That is the next step in this decline towards sodom and gomorah that prop 8 represents.

Again,no good reason given how this impacts the safety and sanctity of heterosexual marriage.

I'm not following along with what the church is asking, and frankly I expect to not be considered disloyal for exercising that discretion.

By the way, the history of the church quote above is superb.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote