View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I can see that viewpoint, but at the same time, I am assuming that most of us here have already sustained those leaders, and so is it not then incumbent on us to follow through on that. Suppose the church is wrong, and gay marriage doesn't change a thing, was it really still okay to stand out in blatant opposition to church leadership...and what if they are right, and it is a big deal? It just seems to me that since no one really KNOWS what will happen, that erring on the side of obedience and loyalty in the face of the unknown would be the more appropriate course of action.
I have thought about this. But it goes against my conscience. This one just doesnt pass the sniff test for me.

I figure that of all the things we do wrong in life, sincerely followings ones conscience (but incorrectly so), will not be a huge deal.

Remember, I am not preventing anyone from doing what they think is right. I am not out campaigning against Prop 8. And I certainly am not calling people in their homes trying to pressure them. I am simply staying on the sidelines during this possession. I will get back in the game after the next first down. Admittedly not a valiant approach, but it is the best I can do on this one, since I am conflicted.

As a procedural comment, I dont dig the ward calling me to encourage me to follow the Prophet. I dont want calls at the end of the year reminding me to obey the word of wisdom or to forgive others, either. Once it is spoken at Church, in GC, and in the Ensign, that is good enough. Don't call me and get me to sign a list.

BDB, on a side note, you going to UW?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote