View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
let's face it Cali, there are A LOT, maybe even a supermajority of LDS that hate homosexuals and have no interest in being compassionate to these people that are intent on destroying marriage and causing the church to lose the most important battle (It's "Gettysburg" per the prophet) in its history.

So yes, that is why you are seeing a negative reaction to these frighteningly benign and no-brainer requests.
Slight correction....there are A LOT of LDS that think to themselves..."I dont hate homosexuals......after all, I dont want them to die.....I just think they are disgusting, sinful, and better off somewhere else where I don't have to deal with them. But I don't hate them.....I love my fellowman..."

It is usually at this time that these members throw out the "love the sinner, not the sin" justification for their non-hateful ways.....which would not quite explain why we don't have the same attitude in the Church towards other sinners that we seem to have towards homosexuals.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote