View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #34
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Hall apparently felt that wussing out was the right thing for him to do.
I've gotta say - Assuming you know the ins & outs of Hall's situation is pretty silly. To assume you know the reasons he did what he did, and that he made the wrong decision is pretty arrogant. To then proclaim him a pussy, as you have here, is simply idiotic. I expected better from you.

On the other hand, to dislike someone because they outright lied about their intentions doesn't fall into nearly the same category. No, in fact, what Hall did is not even CLOSE to the same as what Ben Olsen did.

It's entirely possible that Hall made the best decision possible for him to make. It's even possible that he prayed & received confirmation that discontinuing the mission was his best course of action. I don't know if that's the case, and neither do you. And, to paraphrase Goat, to have the balls to cut his mission short despite the inevitable opinion of his character that those like you would form from that decision is, to me, impressive.

All that said, I truly did hope Ben would succeed at UCLA. It's never a bad thing for a good kid (as he SEEMS to me to be, despite his mistake) to succeed in his goals.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote