View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 04:12 AM   #194
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

There is definitely a startling lack of female commentary on this thread. I appreciate the commentary that has been offered so far, and I will throw in my two bits.

When I married Mpfunk, I was the stereotypical age of 21. My life has hardly been stereotypical, though. While I am still young, I am satisfied and pleased with the experiences I have had so far. I don't feel live I've "given everything up" in order to get married young. I graduated high school with my AA degree, and graduated with a BA at 19. I am have visited most areas of the country, lived in Europe for three months, and speak French. Mpfunk and I got married right before I started law school. Kids are definitely on the 5-10 year plan, though we realize that the little pink pills are only 99% effective.

I realize that my story is not necessarily the norm, but I do think it's inaccurate to say that all people in the Church who get married young (particularly women) cut themselves off from having experiences, traveling, and receiving education. I turn the ripe old age of 22 tomorrow, so I suppose there is still time for me to have regrets in the future. For the moment being, I don't foresee that being a problem.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote