View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:03 AM   #25
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Agreed.

And McCain appears to have all but given up at this point. Going to a German sausage restaurant on the day Obama speaks in Germany? Really?
When Obama was on the campaign trail vs Hillary, the knock was that he lacked experience.

When he eliminated Hillary, the knock was that he lacked experience.

Now that it is obvious that that card is not work, the biggest gripe seems to simply be that too many people like him. He is too popular.

I liked what I saw of Obama on this trip. It was refreshing to see foreigners waving American flags (not burning them). Despite the flack that he is getting for it, the "tear down the walls" portion of the speech was my favorite part....not for the economic message, but for the admission that we have bungled some things recently and we are not above admitting it. We are not above asking for Europe's trust again.

I think that if you want to increase security domestically, make as many people like you internationally. If all your neighbors dig you, they wont let anybody egg your house while you are away.

Improving foreign relations is something I have always trumpeted as an important priority for the new President. I think Obama can do that nicely.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote