View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
First of all your numbers are off. 14,894 fans which is a 2.1 million livegate. Like Surfah said they had a 3.3 million dollar payroll. Finally 100k is nice but the UFCs basement for a B-list UK card (like Bisping vs Leben) is 200k buys.
http://www.mmapayout.com/2008/07/aff...d-100000-buys/

So I am not sure they hit it out of the park. Also the Leben-Bisping fight coming up will be on Spike.

Atencio said they will lose a lot of money on this card, and that "changes" are coming otherwise Affliction wont be able to maintain. Changes will mean less money for fighters which means he wont attract anymore big names.

He is trying to put together Fedor vs Arlovski on Oct. 11th, but we will see what happens.
A columnist from SI made a good point about Affliction and their future cards. With all of these other fighters under contract through other organizations how long can they keep rehashing these same fights with these free agents/cast offs? And if it takes paying $800,000 to the Tim Sylvia's of the world to jump ship for a single :36 second fight how can this survive financially.

Now I like what Affliction is doing. They're making UFC stay on their game. I think the additions to the UFC 88 card are evidence of that.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote