View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #50
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I don't know if this has been posted previously, but I was surprised that the film was not an R due to all of the carnage and torture, including children being held at gunpoint. 10 years ago it would have been an R.
Ever since we had our kids, I do not deal well with implied/actual violence towards children, as portrayed in media.

Not saying that I was fine with it before, but I knew it was just a movie. Now even in a movie it makes me very sad, almost to tears. I hated that scene that ute is describing.

That story yesterday about the guy who left his baby in the car to go see Batman also really distracted me for awhile. It was hard to read and I wanted to get it out of my head quickly. Beating your kids, leaving them in cars or gas stations, telling them that you dont want them, screaming at them or calling them names.....all these things are beyond me (not trying to spark up the spanking debate, btw).

I guess I get overly emotional at the thought of someone hurting my kids. It is just a movie, so I should probably lighten up Francis, but for whatever reason, I can't.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote