View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
First Pettite took HGH as prescribed by a MD while he was not playing baseball. If you have a problem with this you are a brain dead luddite who thinks injured athletes today must be locked in cages and wait for their bodies to heal naturally. So I wasn't wrong about Pettite.

And there you go with the pointing fingers again. As long as cycling's best defense is to say "Look at the dirt on the other guys" you will lose every time.

And I never said anyone claimed no one in cycling used drugs. I just said cycling is still a dirty doping sport where performances by athletes cannot be trusted to be honest and fair. This is true whether you attack Pettite or me or bark at the moon all night long. As of July 2008 cycling is a dirty sport where results cannot be trusted. Period. That is all I am saying. Reread it a few times before you go off all emotional on me. I think, if you are honest, you will agree.

The why is an interesting question. I think doping is endemic and unavoidable in cycling because what they ask of riders is insane and impossible. Your main events (the tours) are like running a marathon every day for a month (with a few 10 mile sprints thrown in). And you make them run these marathons over mountains. It is just insane.

You want to clean up cycling? It would be easy. Give the riders a rest day in between every stage of the tour. Make what you ask of them actually reasonable and maybe they will stop using illegal medical aids to recover. Just a thought.
First, I was not "all emotional" on you.

Second, you still have the facts wrong about Pettite. Lok it up.

Third, I wasn't pointing at baseball to compare to cycling, but trying to understand why, once again, you seem unable to address the topic of the thread but instead delve into an anti cycling rant. I speculated that it was because you were unhappy how the discussion had gone the other day. Based on your reaction here, I was right.

Fourth, you are making a comparison by asserting that the sport is dirty and so can't be trusted. Compared to what? ANd off we go.

Finally, you want to rant about drugs in cycling, how about starting your own thread and stop polluting mine?

Finally number two, I repent of engaging you at this level (but not fully, so I will leave this post) and will not do so again.