View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
This is getting funny....

Silva beats a 3rd tier LHW in short fashion.

Fedor beats a top 5 HW in 33 seconds.

And you say Silva is the best P4P and it's not even close?

All things considered one has to give that title to Fedor. In fact he HAS to be considered the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Dude's never lost a legitimate fight and look at the laundry list of wins: Nogueira twice, Arona, Coleman, Randleman, Goodridge, Cro Cop, Hunt, Herring and now the UFC's best HW over the past 2 and a half years.

Now would Silva come in at a close second? No doubt about it, but until Fedor loses a legitimate fight, and until he starts struggling against 2nd and 3rd tier fighters you can't dethrone the Last Emperor.
I think Fedor is unbelievable but 3 fights in the past 2 1/2 years dethrones him as the best pound for pound fighter. I still want to see him fight Randy (I do think Fedor would kill him) but other than that the Heavyweight division is a joke. It is very weak right now and yes Fedor is at the top of it but it is still weak. Fedors last 3 fights were over Sylvia last night, Hong Man Choi and a washed up Matt Lindland. He needs to fight more than that.

Silva in the past 2 1/2 years has beaten the likes of Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin (twice), Travis Lutter, Nate Marquardt, and Chris Leben. He has single handedly destroyed the 185 pound division. He just walked through a 205 pounder that needed extra time to make weight. I just read a rumor that he will fight the winner of Chuck and Rashad. If he walks through the 205 pound division then even you wont be able to deny the fact that he is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.