View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #42
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
So, just to make sure I understand you correctly: you weren't offended, you were just saying the analogy is offensive on behalf of others?

Perhaps I have reading comprehension problems but I understood the comparison to be about Federal might winning out over local/state defiance. It may or may not be apt; however, I don't see why it is offensive just because the federal/state battle happened to be about segregation. It would be helpful if you could please explain why.

After your explanation, I have some follow-up question(s) for you: Do you think any analogy/story/topic involving blacks/segregation is offensive? If not, would you mind explaining the dividing line between what is and isn't offensive if an analogy/story/topic involves blacks/segregation? How does one know what one can and can't say about blacks/segregation without offending?
Easy. If one is offended by something you say, it is because one chooses to be offended.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote