View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #26
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
It seems that cycling is dirtier than most other sports as measured by the number of stars doping and getting caught. In baseball, even if we assume (and I think it is safe to do so) that Bonds and McGuire and Giambi and Sosa and Canseco were doping, that is only one type of player.

Do you think Maddox or Pedro or Smoltz or Holliday or K-Rod or Prior or Mussina were/are doping? I don't think pictures were doing the stuff outside maybe a few old power pitchers like Clements.

Do you think speed and hit-for-average guys like Ichiro or Damon or Soriano or Reyes or Sizemore are doping? I don't.

So in baseball, at worst you have 1/3 of your stars, your power hitters, who are doping. In cycling they are all apparently doing it, from GC guys to hill guys to sprinters. They are all getting caught.
Yes, I do think all those guys you mentioned in baseball were likely doing it. You don't think someone like Smoltz took HGH to heal more quickly?n There are many drugs to cheat with and many reaonso to use them.