View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:26 PM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
You are ignoring the substance of the posts. I wasn't angry at you for suggesting yccliing has cheaters. In fact, I have suggested it myslef many times. I was annoyed with your tedious, non-substantive and flippant remakrs which revealed your lack of knwoledge abotu the sport and that you assumed (as you have here, once again) I was claiming there is no cheating.

Arch's beleif is not baseless. If what you are syaing iscorrect, that all sports have these incentives and so they are all cheating, that cycling catches some of its cheaters is remarkable evidence that its testing is good and that it is efective. No sport has more rigoursou testing that cycling. None. Plus, so far three riders have tested positive. That is less than 5% of the starting peloton. Drug use in cycling remains a problem. No one is claiming otherwsie, least of all me.
5% is low. What is the percentage of players in baseball and the NFL who have tested positive (read: caught) for steroids? My guess is that it is also pretty low, but I am just guessing.

If you are acknowleding that cycling has a cheating problem, then we are agreeing and there is no point is going forward.

I am not in a position to argue your claim that no sport has a more rigorous testing regimen because I cannot outline the testing regimen for the NBA, NFL, tennis, or the MLB. Apparently you can.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote