View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #22
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

I think cycling is basically the same way, although at least cycling is kicking people out and taking things a bit more seriously. creekster's reaction to my calling cyclists dopers and archaea's (baseless) belief that cycling is cleaner than most other sports indicates that, just like in baseball, there are fans of cycling who want to believe that the scandal is isolated.
You are ignoring the substance of the posts. I wasn't angry at you for suggesting yccliing has cheaters. In fact, I have suggested it myslef many times. I was annoyed with your tedious, non-substantive and flippant remakrs which revealed your lack of knwoledge abotu the sport and that you assumed (as you have here, once again) I was claiming there is no cheating.

Arch's beleif is not baseless. If what you are syaing iscorrect, that all sports have these incentives and so they are all cheating, that cycling catches some of its cheaters is remarkable evidence that its testing is good and that it is efective. No sport has more rigoursou testing that cycling. None. Plus, so far three riders have tested positive. That is less than 5% of the starting peloton. Drug use in cycling remains a problem. No one is claiming otherwsie, least of all me.